Rogue Application

Answered applications.

09 Nov, 03:35

General Intelligence
1. What is the next number in these series?
-- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32...64

1b. What is the next number in these series?
-- 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8...13

Do you understand that loot is a tool that allows us to advance, and not something to feed your ego with?
Absolutely.

Your Character
1. Armory Link (Make sure it works!):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Masami/advanced

2. What is your primary spec?
Assassination.

3. Can you play a second and/or third spec at a high level?
Absolutely.

Theoretical Questions for DPS
1. What spec do you use and why is it optimal for you?
Currently for this tier Assassination is the most optimal single target DPS spec for a Rogue that allows us to keep a sustained amount of DPS for the duration of any encounter without having to be too reliant on gear, later in the tier Subtlety will most likely start to shine again. The key point about Assassination is its DPS is always constant other then Combat that relies heavily on cool-downs or Subtlety that relies on raid critical strikes for optimal DPS.

2. How do you prioritize your stats?
Currently in this tier its optimal to prioritize Agility -> hit (to cap) -> Mastery -> (expertise to cap) -> Haste -> Critical Strike.
As long as you position yourself directly behind the boss you are able to avoid 99% of the parry chance allowing you to gain a significant DPS boost to optimize the start of the expansion low item level, but it's already starting to even out and hit the caps passively anyway!

3. What are your sources of theoretical information?
Elitist Jerks, Icy Veins.

4. Tell us shortly how your AoE rotation differs from your boss-rotation.
If there are 2-3 targets I'd probably go Combat , but if there are 7+ targets and they last longer then 20-30 Seconds Assassinations poison spread via Fan of Knifes takes over by a big margin.

5. Show us a screenshot of your UI while in combat (raid/dungeon/dummy). Use imgur.com for uploads and give us the link only. This is NOT an optional question.
http://imgur.com/0br2s

Your WoW History
1. How long have you been playing this game? How many “breaks” have you taken? Why?
7 Years? I started roughly 1-2 months after launch. I've only had 2 major breaks causing me to miss 2 raiding tiers, Sunwell and Firelands. The first was due to being in college and having too much work to be able to cope with the 5 nights a week I was doing in a Hardcore guild and the second was a case of feeling a bit too burned out so I decided to take some time off to re-charge.

2. What has been your guild history in the past 6 months? Did you do any significant progression with them? Why are you leaving?
I've been raiding with some friends I used to raid with in Cata, getting ready for MoP. They where aware that I was going to look for a more serious progression guild come MoP.

There current progress is about average, cleared MSV on Normal and first boss in ToF. The main reason I am leaving is we started this guild early Cata with intent to progress as best we could in 10 man, we got some decent progress in back on Hellscream, a few server 3rds, and was 2nd-3rd 10 man guild ranked on that server.

But near the middle of that expansion we all noticed that things where getting a bit tense with pressure and progression between friends, and not wanting to damage any of our friendships we pretty much all agreed to calling it there and looking for elsewhere (this is where I decided to take a break because I was the raid leader for this guild at the time so I was working overtime with tactics, leading ect while trying to maintain some real life social status :p). They then reformed again just at the end of Cata to really just take it easy and raid 2-3 times a week. So when I returned from my break I decided to stick with them till MoP and then look elsewhere for a more serious progression raiding guild.

3. List all other significant PvE progression kills in which you have participated. Make sure to mention which toon / spec you were using at the time, if you were there for the guild’s first kill, and if the kill was decently ranked.
Molten Core: Cleared, Warrior + Rogue
BWL: (original) Cleared, Warrior + Rogue
AQ: Cleared, Rogue.Our guild was either 2nd or 3rd on my old server Arathor, I never received any loot from this boss before we stopped and started going to the Old Naxxramas so it hasn't logged me killing this, Makes me a sad panda because this was probably my most favourite kill!
Naxxramas: (original) 8/15, Rogue
Karazhan: Cleared, Shaman
Tempest Keep: Cleared, Shaman
SerpentShrine Cavern: Cleared, Shaman
Battle for Mount Hyja: Cleared, Shaman
Black Temple: Cleared, Shaman
Sunwell: None
Naxxramas:(new) Cleared, Hunter + Rogue
Nexus: Cleared, Hunter
Ulduar: Cleared (All hardmodes too) Hunter
Trial of the Crusader: Cleared, Hunter + DK
Icecrown Citadel: Cleared Normal 25, Heroic 10, DK
Ruby Sanctum: Cleared, DK
Twilight: Cleared normal 10M 2/5 Heroic 10M, DK
BWD: Cleared normal 10M 4/6 Heroic 10M, DK
TFW: Cleared normal 10M 1/2 Heroic 10M, DK
FL: None
DS: Cleared normal 10M 1/8 Heroic 10M, Rogue + Mage

If you are wondering why I have cleared on a lot of other characters, Mostly it was due to the current guild I was in not having many of that class, I tend to stick with the same guild for a long time I've had like 4/5 guilds in the 7 years I've been playing 2 of them disbanded and I left the other due to taking a break / wanting to go 10 man. But I am a Rogue / melee DPS at heart!

4. What has been the hardest boss you've ever done? What was your role during this fight?
Hmm this is a tough question, I guess it would have to be C'thun back when it was 40 man raiding, trying to keep the spacing while being able to DPS and being assigned to kill certain tentacles having to run all over without getting within 10 yards, so much fun!

Your Technical Specs
1. How stable is your internet connection?
Very.

2. How stable is your computer?
Somewhat.

3. What kind of ping and FPS do you get in a 10man raid environment?
40-80.

4. Do you know how to use Ventrilo and do you have a microphone to go with it?
I sure do!

About You
1. Name
Simon

2. Age, Location, & R/L Occupation:
27, England, Data Keyer.

3. What is your greatest strength as a raider/guildie? What is your greatest weakness?
I think my greatest strength may also be my greatest weakness, I am always giving it 110% trying to push my class to the limits, looking at WoL after every raid, checking up-times on buffs / de-buffs seeing if I slacked anywhere and could have done better, reading theory-crafting sites daily.

The reason I think this is probably my greatest weakness is because if I preform bad or am un-able to keep on on certain bosses even if they favour a certain class or something similar I get disappointed / angry with myself / Blizzard, but it's more of a personal thing yelling at myself then actually saying it out loud. xD

4. When and how often would you miss scheduled raid time? What is your availability outside of our 10man raid hours?
Pretty much never, but as I can't see into the future I can't really say that , but Ideally never! I am available pretty much any time after 17:00 Server time, pretty much everyday of the week, If I am not online I am usually able to be contacted by Mobile / Skype / Facebook.

5. Why do you want to join Lunar?
I would like to join Lunar because I am pretty new to this server having swapped with my old guild from Hellscream to Kazzak, You don't seem to have an active Rogue in your roster and your progress level about equal or maybe just slightly higher then what I've been used to in the past, So I think I could make a good addition to your roster without causing any deviation in your current progress. I realise you are not recruiting right now, but it never hurts to take a stab at it and at the very least possibly be put on a short-list for future recruitment needs!
Masami

14 Nov, 20:03

Hey man.

Sorry about the lack of replies but the officers have been a tad bit busy this week.

I'm sure they'll get an answer to you ASAP.

Just so you know, this is an excellent app and it's very obvious you've put a lot of effort into it, I haven't seen an app this good in a while, I wish you lots of luck!
Khazai
Monk
Monk

14 Nov, 20:25

Khazai wrote:Hey man.

Sorry about the lack of replies but the officers have been a tad bit busy this week.

I'm sure they'll get an answer to you ASAP.

Just so you know, this is an excellent app and it's very obvious you've put a lot of effort into it, I haven't seen an app this good in a while, I wish you lots of luck!

Thank you very much! I can imagine, having been a raid leader / officer myself in the past, trying to juggle real life with in game things in a progression guild isn't easy! I'm a patient guy so please by all means take your time!
Masami

16 Nov, 15:52

Hey Simon,

sorry for the late response, i hope i can give you an answer this weekend.

Kind regards Darque
Darque
Officer

16 Nov, 18:13

Darque wrote:Hey Simon,

sorry for the late response, i hope i can give you an answer this weekend.

Kind regards Darque

No worries!
Masami

19 Nov, 01:11

Hey Simon,

Welcome to Lunar!

whisper me for a guildinvite.

Kind regards, Darque
Darque
Officer

19 Nov, 16:22

YessSsSss
Khazai
Monk
Monk

19 Nov, 16:45

Ollie, you read the forums at work? Really?
Elvi
Shaman
Shaman

19 Nov, 18:01

I get bored
Khazai
Monk
Monk